ASOB

January 11, 2016

Red faced Ikran Clan Leader speculation

I think we may have one new piece of information in regards to the character played by Alicia Vela-Bailey in Avatar. If you check out this link that is about the costumes in the current Toruk Cirque du Soleil production http://tyrannyofstyle.com/costume-design-cirquedusoleil-toruk about 3/4ths the way down you'll find this paragraph about the Kekunan Clan.

"The Kekunan are a Na’vi clan that live near the ocean. They fly the banshee, bird like animals, and lead the main characters to find the Toruk. Their costume is made from the dried leaves of the war bonnet plant. They are embellished primarily in red accents, which are made of shells and different objects found in the water."


Sounds a lot like Alicia's Ikran leader character. The Cirque show I believe is 3,000 years before the movie, so while the description of the Kekunan Clan doesn't fit AVBs character to a T, there's some similarities that can't be dismissed. Na'vi Clan by the sea, check. Fly the banshee, check. Costume is made from dried leaves of the war bonnet plant, Id say no, it appears to be beads and leather, but more on that in a second. Primarily red accents made of shells and different object found in the water, well she clearly is wearing red, that awesome tooth on her head garb could be from the sea, but we don't know, so this is a partial check. Now back to her costume not being made of war bonnet leaves, the article also says, 


"The costumes of the Omaticaya clan took inspiration from the film, but because these events occur thousands of years before, they are not quite as sophisticated. Instead of animal skins, we see them in woven garments. They are also far more colorful, a necessary element due to the scale of the live performance venues."


Well that could explain why she doesn't wear any war bonnet clothing pieces, they've advanced past that stage of clothing through the years. Also when Avatar was made there's a good possibility the Kekunans back story hadn't been fleshed out yet, if at all. With upcoming novels, comics, the Cirque Toruk show, and 3 movies I'm sure James Cameron and crew have really fleshed out back stories on things we've already seen. We also can't discount the face the red faced Ikran Clan Leader really stood out in the movie even if her screen time was short.


So while there is no guarantee she is the leader of the Kekunan tribe I'd say it's a real possibility. Also with them exploring more of the oceans of Pandora in Avatar 2 as has been mentioned I bet we are going to see more of the red faced Ikran Clan leader. 




Preproduction art for the Ikran Clan for Avatar. No mention of a clan name.

Kekunan Clan designs for Toruk: The First Flight


How the Kekunan Clan appears in Cirque du Soleils Toruk: The First Flight 


How the red faced Ikran Clan Leader appeared in Avatar

13 comments:

  1. Kaltxì Wameyn! Connecting Alicia Vela-Bailey’s red-accented Ikran leader design to the Kekunan Clan lore introduced in the Cirque du Soleil show is such a fantastic piece of Na'vi speculation. Seeing how Pandora’s coastal clans utilize ocean shells, tooth headpieces, and sea-based materials really shows how deep James Cameron and his design teams went to build distinct cultural traditions across Pandora. When I'm taking a break from reading Pandora lore logs and Avatar sequel speculation blogs, I usually log into Xuper TV descargar apk on my phone to check out live broadcast channels. Awesome world-building breakdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea that Clan costumes and cultural symbols evolve over thousands of years on Pandora—from war bonnet plant leaves 3,000 years ago to intricate leather and shell beadwork—makes total sense within Na'vi history. The Kekunan Clan’s mastery of the ikran combined with coastal reef elements bridges that gap between mountain banshee flyers and ocean-dwelling clans so naturally. On quiet evenings after checking out Avatar fan forums on my tablet, I like to relax on the couch with Xuper TV gratis on my device to watch live broadcast programs. Appreciate you sharing this speculation post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Cirque du Soleil’s *Toruk - The First Flight* served as a sneak peek into Pandoran lore that expanded way beyond the original 2009 film! That red paint scheme, ocean-derived adornments, and banshee-riding traditions definitely align too closely with AVB's character design to be a total coincidence. Whenever I'm taking a breather from reading Avatar news blogs and Disney Pandora updates, I usually open up Descargar xuper TV on my computer to watch live media networks. Looking forward to reading your next lore theory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Analyzing costume details down to the shell accents and war bonnet plant leaves is why I love reading dedicated Avatar fan blogs like Sea of Blue. Alicia Vela-Bailey’s Ikran leader look remains one of the coolest unreleased Na'vi designs, and linking her to the ocean-dwelling Kekunan Clan makes so much sense given the red color palette. Sitting back in the evening to tune into live entertainment streams using Xsuper is my favorite way to unwind after reading a great Pandoran theory post. Irayyo for the awesome write-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sports are always a great source of excitement because every match can bring unexpected moments, strong performances, and memorable competition. I enjoy following different sports and reading opinions about major games because it helps me understand the strategies and players involved. Discussions like this are also a good way for fans to share their perspectives and discover new events to follow. I also run an entertainment resource, Xuper TV cine Gratis, where sports and entertainment content can be explored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best things about sports is the combination of skill, teamwork, and unpredictability. A close match can keep fans interested until the final moment, while standout performances often become memorable long after the event ends. I enjoy reading sports discussions because different fans notice different aspects of a game, from tactics to individual performances. I also manage Eespacio Games App , an entertainment resource where people can discover additional digital entertainment options.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exploring deep franchise lore like Avatar clan theories and character costume designs highlights how detailed world-building in Pandora's universe sparks continuous discussion among dedicated fans. When taking a break from reading film speculation blogs and concept art analyses, installing Moto Wheelie 3D Mobile is a great way to unwind, practice motorcycle balance tricks, and enjoy smooth mobile gameplay directly on your Android phone. Diving into movie lore and set designs keeps sci-fi community threads endlessly engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy posts that explore smaller details and unanswered questions from the Avatar universe. Speculation about different Ikran clans and their leaders can make the world feel much larger than what we see on screen. It is interesting how fans notice small visual or story elements and develop their own theories around them. While exploring different online resources, I also came across super tv, which reminded me how many different communities exist online. Discussions like this are what make returning to a fictional universe so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Avatar has such a detailed world that even a short discussion about an Ikran clan can lead to plenty of interesting theories. I like reading fan speculation because it encourages people to look closely at characters, creatures, and background details that might otherwise be overlooked. The possibility of a different clan leader is especially fun to consider when there is limited information available. I was also browsing some digital entertainment resources and found Xuper TV Gratis, which made me think about how online platforms keep fandom discussions active.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the amount of attention Avatar fans give to the creatures and cultures within the story. Speculation about an Ikran clan leader may seem like a small subject, but these details help make the fictional world feel deeper and more connected. It is also fun to see how different readers interpret the same clues and arrive at completely different possibilities. During some online browsing, I came across Bit Tv, and it reminded me how digital platforms bring together people with very different interests and fandoms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Posts like this are a good example of why fan communities remain so active between major releases. The Avatar universe leaves plenty of room for questions about characters, clans, creatures, and their relationships, so discussions about possible Ikran leaders can become surprisingly detailed. I enjoy seeing theories presented with curiosity rather than treating speculation as confirmed information. I was also exploring other entertainment resources and found Uni Tv, which offered a completely different type of online experience. Interesting discussion, especially for readers who enjoy examining Avatar lore closely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The idea of identifying a possible Ikran clan leader is an interesting subject for Avatar fans because the franchise contains so many visual and cultural details. I enjoy speculation posts when they encourage readers to compare what is actually shown with what might be possible within the story. Even when a theory turns out to be wrong, the discussion can still reveal interesting observations. While exploring different digital entertainment resources, I came across xuper apk android download, and it was interesting to see another side of online entertainment. This was an enjoyable fandom discussion.

    ReplyDelete